Monday, March 21, 2011

TOTD: Essie Mesmerize + Nautical Nail Art

Hi ladies!

Just a quick post for today. On Friday I stopped at my ULTA and picked up a few Essies, and Orlys. I. Love. ULTA. It's the best store I've ever visited. :) Anyway, here is Essie Mesmerize:


 Above: Essie Mesmerize- Alone, with Seche Vite topcoat. I wore this alone for two days, and then it got a little boring, and since this is the perfect blue (Essie calls it a "Royal Va Va Blue") I decided to add some nautical nail art. :)

 Above: Essie Nautical: With free-hand stripes on the tiny toes, and a free-hand anchor on the big toes. I started out trying to stamp the anchor from plate bm08 in China Glaze Cheers to You, but... that didnt look good: first, I missed the center of my toe on the first try, so then I tried stamping randomly all over (FAIL!). Second, it was too sheer. Third, the stamp was too tiny. So I did this! And I really cannot take my eyes off of it..
 I got so many compliments at school today! :) Thanks Alyssa, and Ms. Portwood, specifically! (if you read it that is..) I know I really shouldn't put this up until I get pics of the actual haul, but I couldn't wait! :)

Thanks for reading!

~Emily

4 comments:

  1. I love it! You need to do my toe nails again for me.(: I love you, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i guessed the name today!!! ;) luv it memily we should do nails wednsday!!! :D keep posting!! i luv the instructions even if i cant follow them they're interseting!! and pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby: As soon as we get together again! :) I love you too!

    Alyssa: You did! It was freaky! Thanks, and don't worry! I'm planning a How To on the whole "stamping" process soon! Oh yea, if we have time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the prettiest ones and to think you did it free hand. Very nice, very summery!!

    ReplyDelete