Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lush Oatifix Fresh Face Mask Review

Last week I went to Lush and went in with the idea of buying a Fresh Face Mask (or FFM as I will call it for the rest of this review) and I sort of bought three.... Now, this is not something I recomend doing as they are only good for about two weeks, and need to be refrigerated. You can't buy them online, only in stores because they are just that- FRESH. I only bought three is because I want to eventually try them all out, and to start I got the ones I most wanted to try.

The first one I knew I really wanted to try was Oatifix. People have said great things about this, and I thought I'd test it out.





The consistency of mine was very thick, like playdough, and very hard to put on... I don't know if I need to stir it or what.


I wasn't very generous applying this one, but only because I couldn't get it to apply! Once I figure out what is wrong I'll be less frugal. I mean, if they're only good for two weeks why be stingy? You want to get your money's worth! I loved the way this felt when I first put it on, because they have to be refrigerated and they are so refreshingly cool when you first put them on!
Since this mask is meant to moisturize, it wont dry and tighten your skin, a feeling I personally hate.

The mask is worn for 5-10 minutes, and then you rinse with warm water. I must say, because it is worth noting, when I first put this on my face started to burn near my jawbone and on my forehead. I don't know if this was just my skin's reaction (my skin is VERY sensitive,) or that's what you are supposed to experience. It did go away though, after about a minute or two. This mask wasn't very exfoliating for me, but once again, if my formula was regular it could have been. It has all these little oat pieces that are very nice. My skin was left feeling nice and soft, moisturized, but not greasy at all.

Another thing worth noting about this mask, it smells AMAZING. Like, really, It smells like an oatmeal cookie- almost edible.

If you have dry/sensitive skin and live near a Lush store, you have to pick this up. I promise you’ll enjoy it! And at only $6 for a tub, it’s totally worth it!

Overall, I do think I'd buy this again. I like how the mask made my face feel. However, I would mention the whole consistency issue to a Lush employee. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions or requests as to what I purchase next!

Thanks for reading!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment