Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays!

Sorry I've been MIA the past couple days, but I've been very busy. With Christmas, and a wedding I'm in on New Year's Eve, I haven't even removed the "delicate nails" yet. :( 

But, anyway, on to Christmas! I had a fabulous day yesterday, and I hope all of you did too! I am extremely grateful for all of the gifts I received. A very big THANK YOU to everyone. :) Now, I'm not normally one for picking favorites, but my favorite gift(s) of the day were.... A T-shirt from my dad, with a sheep on it, and the table-top lighting system from my mom! :))) 

I totally did not expect either of them, and they are both so great. I love you mom! I love you dad! (I think they both read the blog...) 

Of the gifts I gave this year, I think my favorite has to be a goat, to my friend Skyler. In all honesty, it wasn't even a whole goat. It was a share of a goat. But the message behind the gift is what makes it my favorite. 

The goat came from Heifer International, an organization that gives animals to underprivileged, or less fortunate families in other countries. Each animal a family gets will provide them with milk, for all kinds of food, for a long time. It could also provide them with meat, if they so choose. I love giving these as presents, because it's a great way to give back, and help other people, and it's only $10 for a share of an animal. (You can pick the one you want to give.)

So, by now I honestly don't remember where this post was going... Oh yeah! I've been thinking, and I think I want to start another blog, for everything else I like to do! I love to cook, and bake (just got Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, super excited!) and I love fashion too. I could do a separate blog for my everyday life, not just nails and makeup... Let me know if you think it's a good idea, via Twitter, email, or comment here. I'd also like help on figuring out a name.. I was thinking The Emily Files... but it just doesn't have a real ring to it like say... The Rebecca Files would. It's times like this I wish I had a fancier name.. Maybe I'll hold a contest to see who can come up with the best name! The winner would get a prize!

Now I'm rambling, happy holidays everyone!

Thanks for reading,

~Emily

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Yes I do read your blog (now blogs). I am glad you had a good Christmas and am happy to hear you say how grateful you are for all you have been given. My favorite present you got was the cool sequined dress from Skyler. I wish I was 20 years younger (and 20 lbs lighter) so I could borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still wouldn't be able to borrow it! :)

    ReplyDelete