Saturday, January 15, 2011

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstain- Wink of Pink

I purchased this the same day I got my new nails polishes from Sally's and Walmart. I got this from Walmart, and it really wasn't what I expected. I'm not disappointed, but I hoped it was something different. I'll show you why...

I saw this in the makeup aisle and I thought "Hey! Just what I've been looking for! A bright, happy, pink lipstain!"  Well, being me I couldn't wait to try it out, so I put it on as soon as I got home. I found this.


That is what you get when you actually open the tube. Yea... Not the pink I wanted. More like a deep, raspberry pink. Not that I don't like it, but... :( So, this is what it looks like once actually on lips... (Excuse the bad picture. Sorry!!)

Eek... My bad.... Sloppy, sloppy work Emily!! Anyway, application aside, it really is a pretty color. I quite like it on my skin tone. Which if you're wondering is about MAC, NC35.

The packaging is really nice, the cap just snaps on and off. Twisting doesn't really do anything. It's about $5.50 for 0.1 fluid ounces. So it's a little pricey.

The wear isn't that great. As you can see in the picture, it kind of creases, and doesn't stay on your lips for a very long time. It wouldn't be my all day lipstain. It would be more, 'quick trip to the mall'. If you want an all day lipstain, I would go for Stila Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Stain. I have Raspberry Crush, and it's about the same color as this, but it has some shimmer, and it wears MUCH better. I'll review that next. :)

Thanks for reading!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment