Friday, April 15, 2011

Review: Lush: Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter!

Hi!

So, I've had this for awhile, and I finally got around to doing a review. I know, I know.. Let's get started!

This is what you see on the outside, so if you're looking for it, look for this-


Close-up :)
This is what Lush says:

"Softens hard skin all over the body, especially the cuticles.

We made Lemony Flutter to soften your cuticles; it's our thickest cream out there. It's so good at softening your cuticles and nourishing your nails that LUSH customers have been using it to soften and nourish lots of other body parts like their feet, elbows and knees.

Thick lemon cream.

Each batch contains twenty-two pounds of beeswax. A bee would have to fly around the globe 132 times to make that. Lemony Flutter is a slight inversion of our usual mix: it contains much more oil than water and is very heavy. Take more care of your extremities and invest a small sum in a Lemony pot.

Lemon

Lemons are excellent for brightening skin and softening rough areas."

Ingredients:
  • Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum),
  • Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii),
  • Beeswax (Cera alba),
  • Lanolin,
  • Soya Oil (Glycine Soja),
  • Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima),
  • Cold Pressed Organic Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum),
  • Mango Butter (Mangifera indica),
  • Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera),
  • Castor Oil (Ricinus communis),
  • Perfume,
  • Cold Pressed Organic Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare),
  • Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum),
  • Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida),
  • Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera),
  • Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla),
  • Sodium Borate,
  • Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides),
  • *Citral,
  • Geraniol,
  • *Citronellol,
  • *Limonene,
  • *Linalool,
  • Methylparaben,
  • Propylparaben.
 This is the actual product, the stuff inside-


The usual amount on my finger, this is for all five on one hand.
The product itself is more of a pale, pale yellow than a BRIGHT yellow as Lush shows on the website. I usually use VERY little of this, because I want to savor, and use as little as possible of it. It also smells more like lemony sugar, than the crisp, real lemon scent I was expecting.

This is it on my fingers at different intervals, to show how it absorbs-

 ^Immediately after application
 ^Immediately after application
^About 5-10 mins. after application.

Aaack!! Look away! It's the attack of the ugly, chipped polish (that wasn't so ugly when fresh applied! China Glaze Purple Panic, btw)! As you can see, it absorbs pretty quickly.

My review: I really like this. It absorbs fast, it smells nice, it's easy to use, and it's very moisturizing! I use this on all of my dry spots, elbows, knees, and feet in addition to cuticles! The packaging is nice too! I feel like Lush is a very personal brand. On the back of the pot, it tells you what batch this is, when it was made, and by who, and when it is good until. Observe:

Awesome right?! I love this stuff. :) And I'll leave you with the only this I don't like about this.. The price..

One pot of Lemony Flutter (1.5 oz.) costs $14.95 in stores and online.

:D

Thanks for reading!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment