Wednesday, November 16, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 10

This is the actual manicure for today. Today is Day 10, GRADIENT nails, and I decided to do a sponging manicure, pink to purple. I used all Zoya nail polishes, because they all flowed very well. Light pink, to darker pink, to red-purple, to purple. :)


This is Zoya Lolly, the base for my mani. Two coats, and it's completely opaque. It was smooth and dries very fast, and very matte. I immediately thought of this when I knew I wanted to do a pink to purple gradient, and it also gives me a great, and kind of annoying, earworm for Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, (get your adverbs here...) from School House Rock.
 I proceeded by adding Zoya Gilda to Lolly when it was completely dry. This intensified the bright pink of Lolly by like, ten times. You can't tell from the pictures, but it does. I love this. I'd wear it everyday in the summertime.
 Next I taped off my nails, (like with water marbling, just less carefully) to prevent the polish getting on my cuticles while sponging.

This is the finished product. I sponged Zoya Alegra, Valerie, and Mimi one at a time in that order. Alegra was lowest down on my nail, Valerie higher, and Mimi more towards the tip. I really like this, too. It's not exactly how I pictured it in my mind, but nothing ever is. I still think it's super-cool. Love.

Thanks for reading! See you on day 11!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment