Friday, November 25, 2011

31 Day Challenge: Day 12 and my first franken!

Hello everyone!

Today is Day 12: STRIPES and  at first I wanted to do a matte/shiny stripe combo, however,  it turned out horribly, and I have no idea what I did wrong. After that fail I thought I'd stick to something more basic and fool-proof, so I did what I'm showing you today- something on the nautical side:





I used OPI Alpine Snow as a base, then I used my Migi Nail Art Pen to make the stripes. Now, for those of you who don't know, Migi art pens are so good for nail art that involves making skinny lines, or teeny drawings. Here's a photo of what the tips look like:

image source
See? They are so tiny, and perfect for small nail art. I used my blue one for the stripes, and yes, I know they aren't the best stripes on the planet, but they were freehand and very small. Be gentle! After I made the stripes I went over them with a small brush and Essie Mesmerize to deepen the blue because it wasn't dark enough for me. 

Then on my ring finger I did a red anchor, and here's where the franken comes in. I was originally just going to use China Glaze Salsa, but I kind of wanted a more orangey red, so I thought I'd franken one. I used China Glaze Salsa, and Style Wars, and Orly Terracotta for this, and this is how it came out (I only made a little bit because I knew I'd just be stamping):

I thought it was a really nice orange-red. A little pink, but who cares? I was wrong. I don't know if the stamp (Bundle Monster BM08) was faulty or what, but it was very sheer, and the stamp didn't even pick all the color up. I was disappointed.. So I just used the same brush I was using to paint the stamp-and darken the stripes- and freehanded the anchor, using China Glaze Salsa. 

All in all this manicure was, in my opinion, way more trouble than it was worth. I got the idea for this manicure from here. I want to give credit where credit is due. See you tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!

~Emily

EDIT: I'll actually be seeing you later today, I typed this last night, but my computer had a complete freakout and said no battery was detected.. I couldn't figure it out to save my life, but today everything's right again and I have no idea what I did. So, see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment